Friday, January 30, 2009

Apricot Freesia Soap

Well, my Fun & Funky soap production has really slowed down since the Farmer's Market has closed for the season. But I wanted to make something that I could make around my daughter, since she's been home the last few weeks with this nasty respiratory flu that's been going around (and yes, I have been feeling the effects of it, but I'm trying to rest as much as possible so it doesn't get too bad). So I decided to do a log of Apricot Freesia soap. And since it's coming up to Valentine's Day, I thought I'd make it with a pink swirl :)

These are available now in my Etsy shop. If you're local and I don't need to ship it just let me know in the Message to Seller box during checkout that you'd like to pick it up in person and I'll let you know the total minus the shipping :) And right now I have a BOGO Free sale going on for a limited time, so you can choose a 2nd type of soap for free :) Just check out what's in my Etsy shop and make your selection from the varieties available.

Happiness Thought of the Day:
"The path to happiness can be found by doing as much good as you can by all the means you can."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Love the soaps, and am a custome as well! Do you think you would ever consider making "Hair soap" or shampoo too?

Clean & Bright Soaps and Candles said...

Hi, Janie2 :)
I actually use whatever soap bar I have in the shower to wash my hair. My hair, which is straight, likes it, but not all hair does.
I was reading your AuNaturale blog :) If you haven't used handmade soap on your hair before, try it.

Have a vinegar rinse ready (I used about 1 part apple cider vinegar diluted with 2 parts water). The pH of the soap will raise the cuticle of the hair shaft, and the vinegar rinse will help to smooth it down again...

Again, not all types of hair appreciate the use of soap. Mine loves it, so if you haven't yet give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jodi! The no poo experiment has failed, but, when I did rinse it with the ACV, it seemed to be nice and smooth, I will give this a try.
Do you mind if I post your comment on my blog?

Clean & Bright Soaps and Candles said...

Janie, I don't mind at all if you post my comment on your blog :)
Is your mother-in-law Iris?

Anonymous said...

That's me! lol!