Wednesday, August 8, 2007

More Fun and Funky Soap

On Saturday, we didn't quite get as many batches of Fun and Funky soap made as we had hoped. We only made 3 batches - Challenge, Chamomile, and Chamomile Bergamot. We hope to get a few more batches made today, but we have some orders to fill first. We'll post an update as soon as we get more made :)

I need to put together an email newsletter today. I'm still not sure what we're going to put on special for the upcoming week... I think I'll hold off on any specials and instead get on the ball and start making some soy candles in tins, scented with essential oils... Once I have some of those ready we'll price them at a special Introductory Price.

I've been doing some more research on herbs & botanicals for our Herbal Teas. My daughter unfortunately inherited the same genes I have for poor eyesight. I've been drinking bilberry tea a lot lately, as it's supposed to be wonderful for improving eyesight and helping to repair eye damage from diseases, etc. So my daughter (who's 7) was all excited about trying some. I made some for her last night and boy, she did not like it :) I think she was thinking it would be more sweet. I think I'll try making it into an iced tea for her, and add a little bit of honey to sweeten it up just a tad. I'm looking at sourcing some dried bilberries (either organic or wildcrafted) to purchase in bulk so I can offer it here at the store. I will also be creating some information cards for the herbs & botanicals that we sell at the store with what they can be useful for and how much to use for tea. I was surprised how tasty a straight cinnamon tea is. I have tried it in blends before, and I was expecting a much spicier taste. But it's rather sweet, along with the spice.

And due to several requests, we are introducing our Soap Grab Bags! These have 3 end slices of soap in each bag, and each bag weighs between 175 and 200 g. You don't get to find out what types of soap are in each bag until after purchase (we do include the soap label with ingredients on each slice), but you can see one slice through the window in the bag :) Each bag is $2.63 + tax. We just introduced them yesterday, and have already sold several of them :)

Happiness Quote of the Day:
"Happiness is not about public opinion."

No comments: